Recipe By: Smithfield
“A delightful alternative to breakfast burritos, these quesadillas are filled with flavor-packed protein. The crunchy crust makes for the perfect bite and package with the rich and creamy egg filling and flavorful ham bites. This is the perfect portable breakfast that will keep the kids full and energized to perform well all school-day long.”
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 6 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package Smithfield(R) Cubed Ham
- Scramble eggs with water, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well blended. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook eggs, stirring frequently, until scrambled to desired consistency.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of butter over 1 tortilla and place butter-side down in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese over entire tortilla. Add 1/2 cup scrambled egg and 1/3 cup Smithfield(R) cubed ham to one side. Cook 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Fold the plain cheese side over the filled side and flip the quesadilla. Cook an additional 2 minutes or until golden and toasted. Cut into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 5 more quesadillas.