yield: 12 MUFFINS
- 1 ½ lbs raw ground chicken breast (if you have trouble finding ground chicken that is breast meat only, do what I do and throw the same weight of boneless, skinless chicken breasts into the food processor and run until ground)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ a small onion, chopped small or grated
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup pasta sauce
- ¾ cup 2% reduced fat shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Optional: dried parsley, oregano or basil for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, egg whites, breadcrumbs, basil, thyme, oregano, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese and lightly mix together. Do not over handle.
- Form the meat mixture evenly into the 12 cups of your prepared muffin tin. Spread the pasta sauce evenly over the tops of each muffin. Bake for 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Top each muffin with about a tablespoon of shredded cheese and then return to the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish if desired.
WEIGHT WATCHERS SMARTPOINTS: 4
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS: 4
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER MUFFIN:
147 calories, 6 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 18 g protein, 0 g fiber