Recipe By: Shelby Cady
“This is a great easy summer salad, with a lot of options as to mixing and matching. Plus the salad looks pretty fancy. You can throw in any summer fruit or berry with this mix, blueberries and raspberries are a good choice, as are blackberries later in the season. The nuts are optional but a pecan or roasted almond adds a little crunch and more protein!”
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the spinach, strawberries, Gorgonzola cheese, and pecans in a large bowl.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar and honey together in a bowl; slowly stream the olive oil into the mixture while whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving.