Recipe By: commanderl
“We have this every Christmas and Easter morning, as well as for company. I have given it as a gift when we are house guests as well.”
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- water as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a fluted tube pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Beat sugar and margarine together in a bowl until creamy. Add sour cream, eggs, and 1 teaspoon almond extract to sugar mixture; beat until smooth. Pour sugar mixture into flour mixture and mix to form a smooth batter. Pour 1/3 the batter into the prepared pan.
- Pour cranberry sauce into a bowl and stir. Spread 1/2 sauce over batter in the prepared pan. Pour 1/3 the batter over cranberry sauce, and spread second 1/2 cranberry sauce over the batter. Top with remaining 1/3 cake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon almond extract together in a bowl until smooth, adding enough water for icing to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over cake.