- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 5-5 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Gel food coloring, as needed
- To a large bowl, add cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer, cream together until well blended.
- Add peppermint extract and food coloring, and mix to combine.
- Place a piece of wax paper on a work surface. Roll mixture into small balls, place on wax paper, and flatten each ball with a fork dipped in powdered sugar.
- Let rest on wax paper until dry, at least 2 hours, then store in refrigerator up to one month. Enjoy!