- 3 (12 oz bags) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (7 oz.) jars marshmallow creme
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1-1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- Lay a long row of waxed paper on the counter for when fudge is spooned out of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl of an electric stand mixer using the paddle attachment, add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and marshmallow whip; set aside. (My Mother added her ingredients to a large mixing bowl)
- In a heavy large saucepan, add sugar, milk; bring to boil. Boil for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take off heat and pour mixture over the semi-sweet chips and marshmallow whip; beating on medium speed until mixture is creamy and smooth. (My Mother mixed her’s by hand) Be sure not to over beat. Add pecans and fold in.
- The mixture will set up as it cools. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop fudge and lay on prepared waxed paper or you can use two tablespoons; scoop with one and push the fudge out with the other one. Continue until all the fudge has been scooped out of the pan.
- Cool completely before moving them to a container.
- Cook’s Note: The fudge can be poured out in a butter sheet pan if you are not able to scoop all the fudge before it hardens. Sometimes I do this if I am making it by myself.