- 5 cups roughly chopped cauliflower
- 1 lb. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 3 cups roughly chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9″ X 13″ baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Pulse cauliflower in a blender until reduced to rice-sized pieces, working in batches as needed.
- Bring an extra-large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Remove skillet from heat; clean, if needed. Re-spray, and return to medium heat. Add cauliflower pieces, broccoli, onion, and celery. Cook and stir until partially softened, 8 – 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces, and add it to the large bowl. Add garlic powder, and mix well.
- To make the sauce, in a nonstick pot, combine milk, cheddar cheese, flour, and cheese wedges, breaking the wedges into pieces as you add them. Set heat to medium low.
- Stirring frequently, cook until smooth and uniform, about 4 minutes.
- Add sauce to the large bowl. Stir well. Transfer mixture to the baking pan, and smooth out the top.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, 20 – 25 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
1/6th of recipe:
6.5g total fat
3g sat fat