As you all know by now, my husband loves beef, and especially chili food! This Wendy’s chili is so delicious! Yes it takes time to cook, but it’s worth every minute. Check it out.
- 2 pounds of fresh ground beef.
- 1 quart tomato juice.
- 1 (29 ounce) can of tomato purée.
- 1 (15 ounce) can of drained kidney beans.
- 1 (15 ounce) can of drained pinto beans.
- 1 chopped medium large onion.
- ½ cup of diced celery.
- ¼ cup of diced green bell pepper.
- ¼ cup of chili powder.
- 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- 1 ½ tsps of garlic powder.
- 1 tsp of salt.
- ½ tsp of ground black pepper.
- ½ tsp of dried oregano.
- ½ tsp of sugar.
- ⅛ tsp of cayenne pepper.
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet then drain it of the fat.
In a 6 quart pot, place the beef and all the other ingredients. Simmer covered for 1 to 1 ½ hours stirring every 15 minutes. Or you can cook for 3 to 4 hours in slow cooker on low.
Simple, delicious and chili! I usually make this in large amounts to keep some leftovers in the refrigerator. It’s perfect for family gatherings too! Give it a try, and let me know what you think.