- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into ½-circles
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups frozen green beans
- ¾ cup pearl barley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 (14 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the parsley, in a large (6-quart) slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW until the barley is tender, about 8 hours.
- Stir in the parsley. Serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 10
10 SP per serving