- 1 lb lump crabmeat (picked over)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 2 teaspoons onions, minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon flour, sifted for dusting
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or butter for frying)
- cooking spray
- Put crab meat in a large bowl and cover with bread crumbs and moisten with milk.
- Combine beaten egg with the mayonnaise in a separate bowl. Add baking powder, parsley, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this mixture over crab/crumb/milk mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Dust cakes lightly with flour.
- After one hour, form crab into cakes, not over mixing or over forming. Put each crab cake on wax-paper – (putting wax paper on top too) and let sit until ready to fry up. Let sit again, at least one hour, this makes the cake easier to hold together during the cooking process.
- Spray cooking spray on bottom of pan, (either stainless steel, or non-stick),.
- Heat butter or oil until hot. (Shimmering) Fry crab cakes approximately 4 minutes per side, carefully, flipping over and frying for another 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Drain on paper towel and serve.
Makes 10 Servings
154 calories, 6.6 g fat, 55.5 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium,
10 g carbs, 0.5 g fiber, 12.5 g protein
4 Pointsplus, 5 Smartpoints