All I can say is that it was a huge hit with my guys at the dinner table. I made it a couple of weeks ago and they are already requesting it again. The prep time seems like a lot but that is basically baking the potatoes and frying the bacon. This step can be done the day before.
Cook time: 20 Min Prep time: 1 Hr Serves: 6-8
7 medium red potatoes, baked
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 c sour cream
2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
3 green onion, sliced
1. Cut baked potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
2. Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish.
3. Place half the potatoes in a greased baking dish.
4. Sprinkle with half the salt, pepper, and bacon. Top with half the sour cream.
5. Then top with half of the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Repeat the layers – salt, pepper, bacon, sour cream and cheese.
6. Bake uncovered at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
7. Sprinkle with the sliced green onion.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!