Tender chicken breasts cooked in a silky fresh tomato basil sauce, makes for one seriously delicious and healthy Weight Watchers dinner recipe. It’s incredibly easy to prepare and is a dish the whole family will love.
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
- 2 tbsp light butter (I used Brummel & Brown)
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a medium sized non-stick skillet with non-fat cooking spray or an olive oil mister and set over medium high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper and oregano. Place into pan and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is almost entirely cooked through.
- Turn the heat down to medium and then add in the tomatoes and garlic. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in basil and butter, and stir until combined. Season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Turn heat to low and let sit for about 5 more minutes.
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Serving size is 1 fillet with sauce
Each serving = 4 SmartPoints, 3 Points +
PER SERVING: 153 calories; 3g fat; 3g carbohydrates; 24g protein; 1g fiber