Recipe By: BronsonsMom
“I have never been a huge fan of lemon….until now. These are always a favorite at the never ending potluck going on in the emergency room I work in. I have been wanting to post these for the last year. I hope you enjoy them too.”
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus more for icing
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Beat flour, white sugar, butter, and sea salt together in a bowl using an electric mixer until well mixed. Whisk eggs, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon lemon zest together in a separate bowl; mix into flour mixture and beat on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 23 to 25 minutes. Cool until bottom of dish is warm to the touch.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest (to taste) together in a bowl until smooth; spread over brownies.