I made my friend’s recipe… “Easy Big Batch Cinnamon Rolls” They are delicious. Everybody is asking for the recipe.
Cook time: 30 Min
Serves: makes 30 lg. rolls
1 reg. size cake mix without pudding in the mix (cheap brand ok)
2 pkg rapid rise yeast
6 1/4 to 6 1/2 cups all purpose flour, divided
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 c warm water [120 to 130] degrees
3 eggs, beaten
1/3 c vegetable oil
4 stick margarine, softened
2 c sugar mixed with 1/2 cup cinnamon
2 c sifted powdered sugar
1/4 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, yeast, 1 cup flour, and salt. Add water, eggs, oil, and stir. Mix for 2 minutes using an electric mixer at medium speed. Gradually, add enough flour to form a soft dough.
2. Place the dough on a floured surface. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. This should take About five minutes. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into two equal parts and roll each one into a rectangle measuring 15×14 inches. Spread each half with 2 sticks margarine and half of your cinnamon-sugar mixture.
4. Each rectangle should be rolled jellyroll style. Start at the long end. Each roll should be cut into 1-inch slices. Place the slices cut-side down in two greased 13x9x2 inches pans.
5. Let the roll rise for 45 minutes in a warm, dry place. The bulk of the rolls will not increase by more than twofold. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
6. Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Stir well. Spread the glaze on warm rolls. Make about 30 large rolls. Enjoy!! !
7. THE CAKE MIX: A white or yellow cake mix can be used. Remember: Do not use a cake mixture that contains pudding.