Apple Dumplings are a classic Southern dessert that has been around for generations. This recipe is easy to follow and will leave you with a mouthwatering dessert that’s perfect to serve at any get together.
A must make every Fall! The sauce is so sticky sweet…DELICIOUS! Melt in your mouth GOOD!
Cook time: 55 Min
Prep time: 20 Min
2Â c flour
2 1/2Â tsp baking powder
1/2Â tsp salt
2/3Â c butter – softened
1/2 c milk
2Â c brown sugar
2Â c water
1/4Â c butter
1/2Â tsp cinnamon
6Â granny smith apples- cored and peeled
Extra cinnamon & sugar mixed for inside the apples…i didnâ€™t measure
1. Preheat oven to 350. Have apples peeled & cored. In food processor add flour, baking powder, salt. Pulse a few times then add the butter and milk, pulse until incorporating and soft dough forms. Cut dough into 6 even pieces. Roll each piece into a circular shape on lightly floured surface. Mix sugar and cinnamon, just eyeball it..I didnâ€™t measure. Forgot pic of dough!
2. Place a peeled and cored apple in the center of the dough. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of cinnamon sugar in the hole. Using hands mold the dough around the apple, bringing sides of dough towards the top of apple, making sure entire apple is covered. The dough is so easy to work with. Place Apples in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
3. Make sauce…in medium sauce pan, place water, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Whisk to combine and heat until lightly boiling. Remove from stove and cool slightly.
4. Pour sauce around the dumplings and just a little over dumplings. Halfway through baking time baste the apples with the sauce. Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until apple is tender. I slide a slender knife inside to test.
5. Serve with Ice cream, whipped cream or milk. That yummy sauce is out of this world good! Enjoy!
Last Step:Â Don’t forget to share!