Recipe By: Chris__D
“This is a dense cake with milk chocolate chips that makes a great snack. Kids love it.”
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (such as Guittard(R))
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Stir flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat eggs and vanilla into butter mixture until smooth. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Spread cookie batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the cake springs back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool before cutting into 2-inch squares.