- 1 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced in small cubes
- 2 fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
Over medium-low heat, in a large saucepan with extra virgin olive oil sautè the onion until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the turkey, break up with a fork, and cook it is no longer pink. Drain off any fat. Add the sweet potatoes, cumin, sage, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until potatoes are tender but not falling apart, approximately 5 – 10 minutes.
When the sweet potatoes are tender, sprinkle the mozzarella on top, cover then turn off the heat.
Wait until the cheese melts before serving.
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 211 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 338 mg | Cholesterol: 64 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 3g | Protein: 17g | SmartPoints: 6 |