Recipe By: Kate
“An easy soup that tastes like stuffed peppers. A full meal in one bowl and is great with warm bread and a salad!”
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup white rice
- In a large stock pot brown ground meat. Drain fat and add pepper and onion. Cook until onion is translucent, not letting them brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, thyme, sage and season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, until peppers are tender.
- In another saucepan boil 2 cups water, and add rice. Cook until rice is tender and then add to soup. Heat soup through and serve.