Recipe By: thedailygourmet
“This tortellini dish adds in cremini mushrooms and tender filet mignon strips.”
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning (such as McCormick(R))
- 2 (8 ounce) filet mignon steaks, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup quartered fresh cremini mushrooms
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg, or to taste
- Whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, and steak seasoning in a small, shallow dish. Add steak strips and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a heavy cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter. Cook steak strips in the melted butter, until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil; stir in tortellini and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the tortellini float to the top and the filling is hot, about 3 minutes.
- Melt butter for Alfredo sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon and add heavy cream. Stir until combined. Add Parmesan cheese to the cream mixture in the saucepan and stir until blended. Season with nutmeg.
- Drain tortellini, return to the pot, and toss with Alfredo sauce to coat. Serve tortellini topped with steak and mushrooms.