“In my efforts to use the abundance of zucchini in my garden I concocted this little cookie. I prefer my oatmeal cookies to have a little jazz, so if you are not a fan of ground cloves, they can be omitted. It’s a not too sweet cake-like cookie that is perfect with your cup of coffee or tea.”
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking sheets.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves in a bowl; set aside. Beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla extract. Mix in the flour mixture and oats until just incorporated.
- Wring the zucchini in a clean towel to remove any excess moisture. Stir the zucchini and raisins into the dough; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until the bottom edges turn golden brown.