- 1 bag(s)frozen hash brown potatoes (2 lbs)
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cmelted butter
- 1 1/2 tspsalt
- 1 smallonion (chopped)
- 1 can(s)cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup, 10.75 oz.
- 1 csour cream
- 2 ccrushed Corn Flakes
- 1/4 cmelted butter
How to Make Southern Hash Brown Casserole
- As mentioned above, thaw hash browns (or use refrigerator style hash browns).
- In a large bowl, mix together hash browns, cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup melted butter, salt, onion, soup, and sour cream. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Spray a 9 x 11 or 9 x 13-inch pan or casserole dish with Pam or lightly grease the dish. This helps with clean up.
- Pour mixture from the bowl into the pan and spread evenly with a spoon. Do not pack down tightly.
- In a small bowl, mix together Corn Flakes and 1/4 cup melted butter. Mix together and spread on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes without a lid. The top should be lightly browned when done.