- 4 skinless chicken thighs, skin removed if purchased with skin on, bone-in or boneless fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 1/2 cup light (lower sodium) soy sauce, optional Tamari
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Rub the chicken with the salt and half of the pepper. Over medium to high heat in a skillet with olive oil, brown both sides of the chicken. Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker then sprinkle with1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic, and the remaining pepper.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over chicken. Cook on low 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Separate the chicken from the liquid then pour the liquid in a small saucepan. Over low heat, cook the liquid with the cornstarch until it thickens. Pour the sauce on the chicken before serving then sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds.
- This chicken dish goes perfectly over a bed of steamed brown rice or quinoa.
Yields: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh with sauce
Total Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Sodium: 2151 mg
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 18 g
Protein: 16 g
SmartPoints value : 9