- 3 lb extra lean eye of round beef roast
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 lbs potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme (optional)
- Whisk together the cornstarch and cold water in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic to the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. Place over vegetables.
- Pour Worcestershire over top and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Slice beef against the grain when ready to serve.
- Depending on the water content of the beef, the gravy at the bottom may be the right consistency. If not simmer it on the stove, add a bit of cornstarch if needed.
- Use celeriac, parsnips, or sweet potatoes for lower carb/Paleo
- Leave out the cornstarch or use arrowroot for lower carb/Paleo
Serving Size: 340g
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 331
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 42g
- SP: 7