This is a dish with only three ingredients – four if you want it to have some heat. All of which can be combined together into one delicious mixture. Instead of calling it a recipe, see it as a suggestion of what to cook at your next dinner party. I strongly suggest you take this suggestion.
The process is simple, but the end result is so delicious you will be happy to do it. It includes simmering little pieces of hot dog in a sweet and savory sauce that contrasts their smoky flavor. They are perfect for snacking on or as an appetizer, and they couldn’t be easier to make.
5 minutes active
3+ hours inactive
- 2 lbs Kielbasa, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup cola
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Add ingredients to a 3-qt slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Note: To prepare on the stovetop, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 15-30 minutes.