24 wonton wrappers
10 oz frozen spinach, defrosted
1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 egg white, for egg wash
1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes. Once it becomes fragrant, add the spinach. Saute until just tender.
- Place the spinach mixture in a bowl and mix in the feta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay out the 24 wonton wrappers on two large cookie sheets sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Fill a small cup with warm water and place it near the cookie sheets.
- Lay out the 24 wonton wrappers on two large cookie sheets sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Fill a small cup with warm water and place it near the cookie sheets. 5. Begin assembling the spanakopita by placing a spoonful of the spinach and feta mixture in the center of the wonton wrapper. Wet the edges of the wonton wrapper with the warm water and fold over and press down to close. Once you have stuffed and sealed all the wonton wrappers, brush lightly with the egg wash or spray with cooking spray
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until crispy. Serve on their own or with marinara sauce for dipping.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
Dietary Fiber 1g