yield: ABOUT 16 BARS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 4 HOURS (INCLUDING CHILL TIME)
- 3/4 cup graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese (or Neufchâtel cheese), softened
- 3/4 cup 0% Greek yogurt (plain or lemon flavored)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (depending on how strong of a lemon flavor you want)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil with some overhang on the side.
- In a bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well-combined. Press the crumbs into the lined baking dish. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Set aside to make filling.
- Beat the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl for about 1 minute. Beat in the yogurt, sugar, egg whites, and the flour for about 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and the vanilla extract. Pour the filling into the baking dish over the crust.
- Bake the bars for 20 minutes. Cover the pan with foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 25 minutes. Then store in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours before cutting.
Nutrition (when cut into 16 squares): Calories: 103.5; Fat: 5.7 g; Protein: 3 g; Carbs: 10.3 g; Sugar: 6.8 g; 5 SmartPoints