1-lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts, 4 ounces each)
1 cup buttermilk
1½ cups cornflake crumbs, see shopping tip
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
1. Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Cut each breast into 3 or 4 pieces so they’re not too thick.
2. In a bowl, add the cut chicken pieces and cover with buttermilk.
3. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
4. In a shallow baking dish or large plate, add cornflake crumbs, salt and pepper. Blend well.
5. In a large nonstick pan, melt 1½ tablespoons reduced-fat butter over medium heat.
6. Remove the chicken from the fridge and dredge in cornflake crumbs. Coat evenly.
7. Add half the chicken pieces to the heated pan and cook until golden brown, turning once, approx. 3 minutes on each side. You’ll have to do this in two batches. For the second batch, add the remaining 1½ tablespoons reduced-fat butter to pan and melt first before adding the chicken. Repeat the cooking time.
Serves 4 (each serving, 3-4 pieces-4 oz total)
for 1 breast (3-4 pieces, 4 oz total)
2g sat fat
SmartPoints value : 7