- 2 (1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 ounce avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ small jalapeno pepper, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon water, as needed
- Place the chicken breast halves between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or parchment and lightly pound to even thickness. Season both sides with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with olive oil spray, add chicken breasts and brown each side, 2 minutes each. Remove chicken from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium, add oil and onions and sauté, scraping brown bits with a wooden spoon, about 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds more. Add tomato sauce, chicken broth, ½ teaspoon salt, cumin, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, return chicken to pan, cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through. Add lime juice.
- Meanwhile, to make the avocado sauce combine all sauce ingredients in a small blender and process until smooth and uniform in color.
- To serve: Top each chicken breast half with tomato sauce mixture, avocado sauce and garnish with cilantro.
Yield: Serves 4, Serving Size: 4 oz chicken w sauce, 2 tbsp crema
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 3
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 199
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 495mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 26g