Recipe By: Connie Levesque
“Tired of boring old meat loaf? Well give this one a try. My husband won’t eat any other meat loaf but mine.”
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup crushed buttery round crackers
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir the ground beef, crushed crackers, Cheddar cheese, and onion soup mix in a large bowl until well combined. Whisk the eggs, ketchup, and steak sauce in a separate bowl until smooth. Mix the eggs into the meat until evenly combined, if the mixture seems too dry, add a little water. Press into a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) and is no longer pink in the center, 45 to 60 minutes.