Recipe By: M.E. Blevins
“So easy and tasty too. I got this recipe from my mother in law years ago. I prefer them without the kisses however they are good with or without them.”
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar for decoration
- 40 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, 1/2 cup white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. blend in the egg and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Cover dough and refrigerate for at least one hour, or until easy to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Roll dough into 1 inch balls, roll the balls in the remaining white sugar and place them 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. While hot from the oven, immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each one. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, mix together the confectioners’ sugar, milk, raspberry jam and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.