Recipe By: Heather
“A simple yet creative chicken meal mimics the popular Italian appetizer ‘bruschetta’ for a delicious entree reminiscent of romantic Italian evenings.”
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken-flavored dry bread stuffing mix
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss the cubed chicken with the salt in a large bowl. Place the chicken in a layer into the bottom of the baking dish. Stir together tomatoes, water, garlic, and stuffing mix in a large bowl; set aside to soften. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the chicken, then sprinkle with the Italian seasoning. Spread the softened stuffing mixture on top.
- Bake uncovered until the chicken cubes have turned white and are no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.