“This is a thick pudding so don’t expect a traditional box pudding texture. My children aren’t crazy about pie crust so this is perfect for them. It is REALLY good! Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.”
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup biscuit baking mix
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a small (1-quart) slow cooker.
- Combine brown sugar, baking mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger in a food processor. Pulse 3 to 4 times to mix. Add butter, evaporated milk, and eggs, and pulse until combined, 5 to 6 pulses. Pour in pumpkin puree, applesauce, and vanilla extract and process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared slow cooker. Heat on Low until very thick, about 4 hours.