32 ounces baked russet potatoes, about 4 large
4 slices low-sodium bacon
1 bunch scallion, sliced thin
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 cup fat-free half-and-half
1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
1. Coarsely chop the baked potatoes and set aside.
2. Cook the bacon in a soup pot until crisp and set aside, leave 1 teaspoons drippings in the pan.
3. Add 1/2 the scallions & garlic to drippings and sautee until soft.
4. Add broth, salt, cayenne, and chopped potatoes, mash some of the potatoes against the side of the pan w/ a wooden spoon or w/ a potato masher.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook 2-3 more minutes.
6. Add in half-and-half and parsley, return to simmer.
7. Serve w/ remaining green onions & crumbled bacon on top.
Makes 4 Equal Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 259, Sat. Fat 0.9 g, Protein 11 g, Carbs 51 g, Sodium 750 mg, Fiber 6g