The smell in the house when this roast is in the oven is heavenly! You can use any herb combination you like.
Cook time: 45 Min
Prep time: 10 Min
2-3 lb pork loin
1 Tbsp mediterranean seasoning -blend of oregano, thyme, rosemary, and fennel
3 garlic cloves, minced (i used a garlic press for this recipe)
1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
1. Rinse pork loin and pat dry. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush the herbs: I used a mortar and pestle for this, but you can put them in a Ziploc bag and roll with a rolling pin, or crush them with the back of a spoon in a small bowl.
2. In a small bowl, mix the herbs, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle the pork with a little salt and place fat side up on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Using a small sharp knife, make incisions all over the top of the roast, about 1 inch deep. Using your finger, press a little of the herb mixture into each hole, leaving some for the outside.
4. Rub the remaining herb mixture all over the outside of the pork loin. Cook at 350 for 20 minutes per pound, or until internal temp reaches 145 degrees. Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
5. Last Step: Don’t forget to share!