“This is the greatest recipe I was ever given. It is a family favorite for us. Simple yet delicious pork chops and scalloped potatoes baked with chicken broth and a hint of paprika.”
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 pork chops
- 6 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 dash paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In sauce pan melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add salt, pepper and flour. Pour in the chicken broth, cook and stir until mixture boils. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In skillet brown pork chops in 1 tablespoon butter. Grease a cooking dish with the remaining tablespoon butter and layer potatoes. Pour mixture over potatoes and place browned chops on top. Sprinkle paprika on top.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.