Recipe By: Kathy
“Sausage pizza balls make a great appetizer or snack. They’re like whole pizzas that can be popped into your mouth in a single bite! Omit the green bell peppers and onions, if desired.”
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together Italian sausage, baking mix, green bell pepper, yellow onion, mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce. Gradually stir in water until the mixture is a workable consistency. Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Arrange pizza balls on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve hot.