- 1 (15.25 oz.) package white cake mix
- 1 (3.5 oz.) cherry jello mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (16 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8 oz.) jar maraschino cherries, halved, juices reserved
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat cherry jello mix, vegetable oil, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract into white cake mix until just combined, then pour into greased baking dish.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place crushed pineapple, with juices, and halved cherries in a large bowl and sprinkle pudding mix on top.
- Fold in frozen whipped topping and 1/4 cup cherry juice until smooth and combined, adding more cherry juice, if desired.
- Frost (cooled) cake and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or until set.