Makes 25 pieces
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons yellow cake mix
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1-¼ cups dried pineapple, diced
- 13 maraschino cherries, cut in half
- Line an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Be sure to leave enough overhang so the fudge can be lifted out after it has set.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, butter and heavy cream, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until a candy or instant-read thermometer reads 234 degrees Fahrenheit (112 degrees Celsius). (At this point, the sugar mixture is at what’s known as the “soft-ball stage!”)
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the white chocolate chips until they are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the pineapple juice, cake mix and marshmallow creme, and mix until well-blended.
- Fold in the diced dried pineapple.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Place the cherry halves, cut-side down and evenly spaced, on top of the fudge. (Note that five rows of five cherry pieces will yield 25 pieces when cut.)
- Place the fudge in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, until firm.
- Once the fudge is firm, lift parchment from the pan, and cut into pieces, being sure to get 1 cherry piece per slice.
- Serve and enjoy!