“Seasoned hamburger and a slice of pineapple are slapped together, and wrapped in bacon. It’s that easy, and adds a wonderful flavor to a regular burger! This recipe was one of my grandmother’s favorites. We would make these special for her when she would come up to see us.”
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced pineapple
- 8 slices bacon
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking.
- In a large bowl, mix together hamburger meat and barbecue sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into 4 large patties. Place a slice of pineapple on top of each. Crisscross 2 bacon strips around each burger, and secure with toothpicks.
- Brush oil on grate. Place burgers on grill over medium low heat. Cook, covered, until the burger is cooked through. Turn often to avoid burning the bacon.