I had bought a carton of Minute Maid peach drink and was surprised how good it tasted. I thought it would be great in a peach cobbler. So… I started making a Peachy Peach Cobbler. I hope you enjoy!!
Cook time: 40 Min Prep time: 20 Min
2 can(s) peach pieces in light syrup, drain and save syrup (29 oz each)
1 stick unsalted butter
2 c Bisquick (original)
1 c milk
1 c peach drink (I used Minute Maid peach)
1 c granulated sugar
1 c sugar/cinnamon blend (1 cup sugar 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon), divided
2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
3 Tbsp corn starch
3 Tbsp peach drink (Minute Maid peach)
1. Open the cans of peaches and drain (save the syrup). Put peaches in a medium bowl. Place the syrup in a medium saucepan.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take the stick of unsalted butter and put in a 10×14 baking dish, and place in oven.
3. Remove from the oven after the butter melts and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the Bisquick, milk, peach drink, sugar, sugar/cinnamon blend (reserving 2 Tbsp for topping), and 1 tsp vanilla extract. With a wire whisk, mix all until smooth. Set aside.
5. Combine the corn starch and peach drink together in a cup. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
6. Place the syrup over medium-high heat and bring to a light boil.
7. Add corn starch mixture to syrup. Cook until the syrup gets thick.
8. Remove from heat and add the remaining 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Set aside.
9. Place a cookie sheet under the baking pan, large enough to catch any dripping for the cobbler. With the hot butter in the baking pan, pour the batter over the butter. DO NOT STIR!!! Place reserved peaches over the batter, completely covering the batter evenly with peaches. DO NOT STIR!!! Add the syrup mixture over the peaches. DO NOT STIR!!!
Peachy Peach Cobbler 10. Place the cobble on the center rack in the oven. Cook for 60 minutes or until the crust is dark golden brown.
11. Remove from oven and sprinkle your remaining 2 Tbsp of sugar/cinnamon on top of cobbler. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving. Great with vanilla ice cream.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!