I absolutely love summer and especially all the wonderful fruit that comes with it. To me nothing says summer louder than the aroma of fresh juicy peaches. I highly recommend using fresh peaches if you can. But don’t worry if you can’t get fresh peaches, canned peaches will work just as well. Use fresh juicy peaches when in season and available. Adapted cake from Calling all Cooks Cookbook and added a glaze. This cake is buttery peachy good with or without the glaze but even better with.
Peachy Keen Pound Cake w/Peach Brandy Glaze
3 c self rising flour
2 1/4 c sugar
1 1/2 c butter, melted
3/4 c milk
6 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 c mashed peaches (i used canned, drained), fresh peaches can be used
1/3 c peaches, pureed
2/3 c sugar
1 Tbsp peach brandy (or juice from peaches)
1. DO NOT pre-heat oven. Grease and flour bundt cake pan. NOTE 1: I used a 15 cup bundt pan. NOTE 2: If using canned peached, drain well. Once mashed, drain again. I used a food processor, plusing 4 or 5 times.
2. Combine flour, sugar, melted butter, milk, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium for 20 minutes; fold in mashed peaches. NOTE: Yes you read it right, put in all (except peaches) in a mixing bowl and beat 20 minutes.
3. Pour into prepared pan. Place in cold oven. Bake at 300 degrees for 70 to 75 minutes or until cake test done.
4. Cool on wire rack in pan about 20 minutes. Invert onto plate and glaze.
5. GLAZE Combine peach puree, sugar and peach brandy (or peach juice) in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved (about 3 to 5 minutes).
6. Remove pan from heat and drizzle syrup on top of warm cake, allowing it to soak into the cake. Repeat process until all syrup has been absorbed into the cake.
7. Serve with a scoop of peach ice cream or some sliced peaches or with both. Enjoy!
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!