Prep Time: 20 Minutes.
Cook Time: 50 Minutes.
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups cholesterol-free egg product
- 3 cups skim milk
- 8 cups French bread cubes (3/4 inch)
- 1 (10 oz) box frozen chopped spinach or chopped broccoli, thawed, squeezed dry
- 12 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 (7 oz) bag shredded 2% sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
NOTE: You will need about 1/2 of a 1 lb. French baguette to get the 8 cups bread cubes needed.
1. Whisk together the egg product and milk in a large bowl until blended. Stir in bread. Add spinach, bacon and 1-1/4 cups of the cheese; mix lightly.
2. Pour into a 13″ x 9″ baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cheese. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
3. The next day preheat oven to 350º F. Bake casserole, uncovered, 48 to 50 minutes or until top is puffed and golden brown.
Yield: 12 servings.
Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe.
Weight Watchers (6 SmartPoints), (5 PointsPlus)