This recipe has been in the family for years; nothing complicated about it. It is very easy, and the no-fail method makes it a winner to serve unexpected guests. Family approved over and over again. The gravy that you make from the drippings has an awesome flavor, especially over mashed potatoes. Carving with an electric knife makes serving a cinch.
Cook time: 1 Hr 55 Min
Prep time: 10 Min
Serves: 8 or more depending on appetite
3 1/2-4 lb pork loin roast
1/4 c olive oil
1 Tbsp granulated garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp thyme leaves
1/3 c all purpose flour
1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 450 DEGREES F. Rub olive oil liberally over entire roast.
2. Combine all herbs and spices in a small bowl, and mix together , then spread seasoning over entire roast. Dredge roast in flour to coat all sides. Then place roast on a rack in roasting pan.
3. Place roast in oven & roast for 10 minutes. This sears and browns roast on outside, and locks in juices. LOWER HEAT AFTER 10 MINUTES TO 250 degrees F. Continue cooking for an additional hour and a half or so, or until temperature reaches 145 to 150 degrees F. then remove from oven tent loosely with foil , and temperature of roast will continue to rise about 10 degrees.
4. Allow Roast to rest 5 or 10 minutes to redistribute juices, before carving. I use an electric knife it makes the task much easier. NOTE: You can make a nice pan gravy from the pan drippings if desired. Don’t forget the applesauce.
5. The finished product is amazing and taste great. Your guest will be very pleased at all of your efforts to serve such a wonderful meal.
6. Last Step: Don’t forget to share!