You will be making these often when you see how easy and delicious this one is. I get tons of compliments on this recipe, so will you! Great for working moms.
Cook time: 8 Hr
1 1/2 lb beef round steak/cut into strips
1 md green pepper/sliced thin
1 md onion/sliced thin
1 can vegetable broth (can also use beef), 14 oz.
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 lg loaf French bread, sliced into sandwich lengths
6 slice provolone or American cheese
1. Spray Crock Pot with cooking spray.
2. Place cut meat strips into a slow cooker. TIP: Cut meat when semi-frozen for easier thinner slices.
3. Add green pepper, onions, broth, and dressing mix.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours. Or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
5. Spoon meat into bread, top with a slice of cheese. OR: Toast bread in a 375-degree oven for 5-10 minutes. Add meat, cover with cheese, bake 5 more minutes to melt the cheese. We like extra cheese on ours. These are SO good!