I am not really a dessert type of girl, BUT there are two cakes that I can eat all day. Yes, butter pound cake is one of them. This recipe will deliver a rich and moist cake. I am sure your taste buds will thank you. I am sure you will leave your approval stamp on this recipe!
This cake will get you raves at your next pot luck or bake sale! It is so buttery and moist. This recipe is a great, classic pound cake.
- 1 1/2 ccake flour
- 1 1/2 call-purpose flour
- 3 stickbutter, unsalted (softened at room temp)
- 8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
- 3 1/4 csugar
- 1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tspalmond extract
- 1 tspsalt
- 6 largeeggs
- Beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until mixture comes together.
- Add sugar and extracts; beat until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low.
- Add eggs, one at a time, alternating with flours 1/2 cup at a time until all eggs and flours are used.
- Transfer to a buttered, oiled and floured, 10-cup shaped pan such as bundt pan.
- Place in cold oven. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Bake until an inserted tester comes out clean about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove cake from pan. Let cool on wire rack.