Recipe By: Buckwheat Queen
“Not your traditional pound cake, but dense and creamy just like the original. This uses cream cheese and yogurt instead of butter for a bit of tang then gets swirled with Nutella(R) for a rich cocoa and nutty addition. It also contains less sugar.”
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup full fat plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 3/4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella(R))
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a bowl. Cream together sugar and cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in yogurt. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla bean paste. Slowly add flour mixture, beating on low speed and taking care not to overmix batter.
- Warm chocolate-hazelnut spread in the microwave at 360 W until warm but not bubbling, about 1 minute. Stir and check consistency. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds if necessary.
- Pour 1/2 of the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan. Pour in 2/3 of chocolate-hazelnut spread in a swirl over the batter. Pour in remaining batter and swirl remaining spread over the top. Use a bamboo skewer to create more swirls by running the skewer through the batter in a circular motion. Take care not to stir the mixture, but simply create a marbled design.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from the pan.