These salted caramel and coconut macarons are not baked and easy to prepare! A perfect blend of coconut, caramel and chocolate! I’m in love !
So we’re only about 3 weeks away from Christmas. Can you believe that ?! It will come very quickly ! Usually at this point I would like to put all of our decorations in, but this year I ran into some dilemmas .
One is travel. We were out of town to celebrate Thanksgiving, and then my parents were in town for a visit this weekend. Not to mention there is a lot of rain, which makes it difficult to get out of the tree. I’m sure it’s been raining like this for the past three years when we got our tree. A crazy coincidence ?
And this year we have some hub families from South Africa at Christmas. I usually raise our tree so early that by the actual time of Christmas it is dropping a little. We don’t want that to happen this year because we don’t have his family here from South Africa and we both want to be nice.
Moreover, the sun changes completely with the advent of winter and the daylight saving time changes. I finally learned to change in sunlight for photo purposes. Now, the best light in our home is where we place the Christmas tree. 🙂 I mean, HELLO DILEMMA! What will I do once we put the tree down? I am thinking of rearranging the furniture to help solve this problem.
What do you need to make this recipe:
Milk: 3 tablespoons
Salted butter: 6 tablespoons
Kraft Caramel: 11 oz bag (wrappers removed)
Sweetened coconut: 4-5 cups (grated)
Chocolate: 4 ounces (melted like almond bark)
1. First, add the milk, butter and caramel to a large saucepan and put it on a medium heat. And please melt everything together, and stir often so that the mixture does not boil.
2. Now that the caramel has melted and is smooth, make sure to add the coconut, starting with 4 cups and mix them together until the coconut is golden with the caramel. You will want to add extra coconut as needed so that the coconut is well covered, it is important that it is not “wet.”
3. Once done, scoop out about 1 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture on parchment paper.
4. Let cool completely.
5. Immediately pick a small bowl and melt the chocolate according to the instructions on the package.
6. Well now, you can dip the bottoms of each macaroon into chocolate, and return to parchment paper to dry. Afterwards, spread it with some extra chocolate and sea salt powder.
7. To finish, allow the cookies to fully solidify, then serve