- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, divided
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease an 8-inch square pan with butter or nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of the butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and beat until smooth. Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Add chocolate chips and remaining butter (1/2 cup/1 stick) to a small bowl. Heat in microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Pour over peanut butter mixture and spread out evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Chill until firm, about 2-4 hours and up to overnight. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!