Serves: 4 servings
- ¾ pound ground skinless turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 thick tomato slices
- 4 small Boston or butter lettuce leaves
- Stir together turkey, ketchup, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper in large bowl until blended but not overmixed; gently stir in Monterey Jack. With damp hands, shape turkey mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
- Spray grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Place patties in pan and cook until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of burger registers 1 60°F, about 4 minutes per side. After burgers have cooked for 2 minutes, add bacon to grill pan and cook until crisp, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place a burger on bottom half of each bun and top with 1 bacon slice, 1 tomato slice, and 1 lettuce leaf. Cover with tops of buns.
- PER SERVING (1 GARNISHED BURGER) = 7 PointsPlus = 7 smartpoints