This recipe comes off a blog called Witty In The City. Where she said: “Basic and simple to put together yet creates such a big pay off. This chicken, quite simply, is one of the most savory things I’ve ever eaten. If you are the busiest person on the planet and don’t have much cooking experience, but you have to prepare a meal to woo the love of your life, cook this chicken!” I agree !!! it is a favorite dish well liked in our house too
Cook time: 40 Min Prep time: 5 Min Serves: 3-4
1/2 c dijon mustard or dijon honey mustard
1/4 c maple syrup
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
6 chicken thighs (1-1/2 pds)
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix Dijon mustard, maple syrup and rice wine vinegar together in a bowl.
3. Place chicken thighs in oven proof dish salt and pepper chicken. I always spray my dish with cooking spray to help in cleaning later or line with foil saves you a lot of clean up.
4. Pour mustard, maple, vinegar mix over the the thighs. Turning the thighs over so they are fully coated.
5. Put in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 155 degrees. I find that a meat thermometer is essential in cooking because it allows me to check for doneness without cutting into the meat and losing its precious juices.
6. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
7. Plate the chicken , making sure to spoon some sauce over the top. Sprinkle with sliced green onions, or rosemary or other fresh herbs of your choice.
8. I serve with jasmine Thai rice.. and steamed broccoli .. It is every bit as good as it sounds and looks.
9. Going to try this on some pork chops and see how it goes.. bet it will b just as good.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!